PC – With future realease on Mac, tablets and consoles.
Currently in Early Access on Steam.
With the full release expected in Q1 2018
Playwood Project ApS
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
Wartile is a single player and multiplayer real time tabletop inspired game for PC with a strong turn based flavor to it. The game replicates the feeling of playing a tabletop game but with faster, more immediate combat. Each Battle Board is an intricately realised digital diorama complete with tiles that allow players to strategize their tactical moves and attack in real time. Units are fully customizable with armor, weapons and new stat tokens that players can pick up throughout the game by completing special challenges. Stat tokens provide points that players can add to their characters stats which unlock when players level up, stat tokens can be discovered in each of the various Battle Boards in the game. Players can add a tactical edge to their combat by utilizing Ability cards and Godly cards as their figurine gains more experience, and by completing special battle board objectives.Godly cards and abilities can be assembled by the player before engaging in battle and used during combat, these cards can easily change the course of the fight should the odds be stacked against their favor.
- Beautifully crafted diorama Battle Boards, with a true table top feel
- Take control of miniature figurines with an attitude
- Assemble your deck of Godly and tactical Cards
- A new take on strategy – a cooldown system provides a refreshing take on the real time strategy genre
- Customize your units with weapons, armor & new abilities found throughout the game
- Expand your collection of figurines & widen your palette of possibilities
- Venture into the first Viking Campaign rich on Mythology, story and lore
- Play against friends in quest oriented multiplayer matches or go full competitive
About Playwood Project
Playwood Project ApS was founded 2014 by Michael Rud Jakobsen, bringing with him 7 years of experience as Lead Game Designer/Game Designer on HITMAN, and, as artist on Kane and Lynch 2. Together with Tom Rethaller Senior Programmer also coming from IO-Interactive, they laid the foundation for WARTILE from a small office in Copenhagen. Today the core of Founder and Creative Director Michael Rud Jakobsen, Programmers Jens-Emil V.Kristensen and Casper Falck Hansen, Level Designer Hans Emil Hoppe Rauer, Lead Animator Chris Ebeling, Sound Design & Music Simon Holm List, 3D modeling Kaushik Sara, 2d Artist Julijana Mijailović.
Creative Director & Founder
Michael Rud Jacobsen
Jens-Emil Vejgaard Kristensen
Casper Falck Hansen
Hans Emil Hoppe Rauer
Sound & Music
Simon Holm List